9.24.2009

Studying Ruth



Wow... back in the time when Ruth wanted to go with Naomi was a time of brutal accounts. No wonder Ruth "clung" to Naomi and wanted to "go where you go" and "where you stay, I will stay." "Your people will be my people" and "your God will be my God" Ruth 1:16



We switched over to Judges because the time I spoke of above was during the days of "Judges governed. " which I am still reading and studying.



Here is what I got today from an overview of the book of Judges



Chapter one: the setting in which the people (chosen people in Israel) did not drive out the bad. God told them to go and they didn't. They chose to stay and do what they wanted to do. And that lead to three things,



Apathy

-their land was filled with it


-partial obedience is disobedience


-pick and chose what you want to obey



leads to:



Apostacy

-turning away



and that leads to:



Anarchy

- doing what is right in your own eyes, having know authority




Scary! It sounds much like or world today and do we ever need to pray for these times!

I am learning alot , never knew that the times in Ruth were so hard and thats when I think how God is so good when he brought Ruth and Naomi together in such a loving way!




Have a blessed day!




xo in Him, jen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Just wanted to drop by and say HI. I'm so happy you're enjoying your study on Ruth and Judges. There always so much to learn...it's awesome. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings and Smiles,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete