10.02.2009

Be like Ruth

Studying Ruth


Ok... I am putting it all on the table. We as wives, moms, women, daughters, sisters, you get the picture, we need to strive to be like Ruth.



She is a women of courage, submission, loyalty, obedience, and willing to serve others. Our call to our Husbands and Children.




My hearts desire is to teach my children to love, respect, and be humble before the Lord and not man. Of course I want them to respect authority in life but with a Christ filled heart. I feel this needs to start at the center of each one of their hearts. I don't want them to just be "good kids" so people think they are great and I'm a mom that has it all together, that is so not it. But because we love the Lord and they are living for Him alone. As I start each day I pray that my children will see this in me and that it would stir their hearts to follow my example. I must say, many mornings (yes..sometimes I don't make it past the morning!!) I fall short of this. But God is full of grace and he loves us for seeking Him, and wants us to put on our armor and fight against the enemy.



Same goes for my husband (that's the man in my life that I love and cherish) let's face it, we as moms are tired! We are food prepping (that's breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner, snack!), errand running, grocery shopping, room moms, class volunteers, appointment making, hockey moms, guitar lessons drivers, homework instructors and yes at times referees as well! Need I say more?



Just plain old busy!



I am a mom who loves all that I have been blessed with, but sometimes I forget that my husband should be my 2nd priority(God 1st of course)! I seek to give to him all he needs to get through his day. I know I put him third many days and I know that is not what I am called to do as his wife. I want to have the submission and willingness to give him just as Ruth gave everyday tired or weary. So I will start each day on my knees and continue to humble myself before Him.




I pray that each one of my new blog friends wake and seek to give it your all for the ones you love! We will be blessed!




Have an awesome day!




xo jen

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I want to be more like Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    What a wonderful post. I too want to be more like Ruth. In a world that teaches women to be independent and strong it can be difficult sometimes to be submissive to our husbands and willing to give them their place. But God's way is always best...not man's way. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful Monday.

    Blessings,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome post.

    I've been struggling with this a lot lately - submission, humility - and RUTH embodies exactly what we need to be.

    Thank YOU for the reminder!

    I've spent a while on your blog now - off to read more!

    Love it! Am a new follower!

    Happy Monday ~

    ReplyDelete