10.07.2009

C and Bugs


My little guy loves bugs, if he could he would take them, he would definitely make them a home, (probably has one made already!), set aside apart of his room or even his bed for these guys. I love that he is so gentle with bugs but yet is the typical rough and tough boy. He asked if he could keep this little praying mantis and I had to tell him that he would die if we kept him from his food and water(do they even drink water? I have know idea!) . Although he was sad, I think the thought of "his" little bug dieing in his hands brought him to let him go.
















I have to say if it weren't for his love for bugs I would have never had the chance to see this little guy up close. My goodness he was so cool! He has pupils!!! No joke!! his whole body was the same color but his eyes have a dot of black, what I think are his pupils!





Thank you C for slowing me down to see your friend up close. I learned something from you today.

















He even would turn his head and checked me out!







God's creatures and he loves everyone of them!








C always says "be careful and don't step on the little bugs"



hope you have a great day








xo jen












3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    There is nothing like looking at the world through childrens eyes. They see things so differently and it is wonderful when we can stop and contemplate it just like them. So many things we take for granted but for our young kids everything's new and intresting. It is amazing how much we can learn from them. Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always thought those look like prehistoric creatures...so strange and yet so neat..but I wouldn't want one sleeping with me..ekkkk! Children just have a love for everything...so admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment! I have to say that most insects just give me the creeps but that praying mantis looks really neat!

    ReplyDelete